FPM is now offering Steam Weeding
Steam Weeding - What is it?
Steam weeding is the process of killing weeds using saturated steam
- Water is heated to 98 – 103 degress Celsius
- The steam is delivered at low pressure, but high volume
- The heat causes the weeds cells to literally explode
- Results are fast – hours, not days
Why is steam weeding better than traditional methods?
Steam weeding means no exposure to harmful chemicals
- Customers, employees and the general public are not exposed to herbicides
- The only by-product is water
- No withholding periods after spraying
- Weeds can build up resistance to traditional herbicides over time, even with correct usage
- Weeds have no resistance to high temperatures
- All soft wooded annual and perennial weeds are vulnerable to steam.
- Greatly reduced herbicide use
- No threat to water ways, pets, wildlife
- No drift
- No dangerous spills
- Long Term Savings
- No resistance
- No costly chemical products and accessories – just tap water!
- No weather restrictions – control weeds in all conditions
- Fast results – hours, not days
- No health or legal concerns